Submit an article, poem or interview, to Black Feminist Collective, where submissions are always open and no experience in writing is required! After you hear from our editorial team, Stephanie Younger and Jourdan Lobban, they will work with you on your article if any necessary edits to your submission(s) are needed. After any and all necessary edits are made, your edited submission(s) will be sent back to you to approve it for publishing.
• Full Name (Optional)
• Age (Optional)
• Gender pronouns (Optional)
• Email address
• A link to where your article has been originally published, if it has been published before (Optional)
• A two to four sentence bio describing what you’re passionate about or your work, or an updated bio if you’ve already contributed to blackfeministcollective.com (Optional)
• Social media handles and/or external links to your work to include in your author’s bio page (Optional)
• A cover photo that expresses your authentic self and/or what you believe in (Optional).
• A title that best fits the subject of your submission
• Details about your submission
• A trigger warning if your submission has explicit content (optional)
• We publish poems that are at least 100 words, and articles that are at least 300 words. Upload a Microsoft Word document of your writing(s), and feel free to submit more than 1 (up to 5 at a time)!
• An image that best aligns with your submission
• A caption that provides context of the image (Optional)
• Credit to the photographer, artist, website, magazine and/or newspaper
• You’ll also be asked if you’re willing to pass on this opportunity to other Black people
Want Black Feminist Collective to publish an episode from a podcast you host?
• Before you upload an audio file of your podcast, make sure you’ve uploaded a transcript of the interview (Optional)!